The Missions Committee is one of the core ministries of our church that guides our membership in ways to participate in missions and ministries in our local, national, and global communities.
OUR MISSION PARTNERS
Our focus projects include Dobie Primary School, The Network of Community Ministries, FeedingChildrenEverywhere, Back to School, Angel Tree, and Nicaragua El Salvador Youth Empowerment Scholarship (NEYES). Also we support established organizations such as United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), and ZOE, which helps orphan children help themselves in 7 countries. We often work with two other AUMC committees… Dobie Primary School Committee and Church & Society Committee efforts with Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) organization. Our Mission of the Month donations help to support these and other missions throughout our local, regional, and international areas.
These efforts involve things like:
- providing school supplies and uniforms to Dobie Primary students,
- funding and packaging meals for hungry children,
- financial aid to 7 college students in El Salvador and Nicaragua we’ve come to know during Adult Mission trips,
- providing a meeting place at our church for prescreened immigrants to receive legal aid,
- collecting Christmas gifts for needy children,
- providing volunteer hours and donations to help Network clients in need of temporary assistance,
- empowering 30-50 poverty stricken/vulnerable children through ZOE to become entrepreneurs who are socially, economically, and spiritually strong,
- and much much more.
Missions Committee Meetings:
We meet monthly on the 4th Tuesday at 7pm in Room 35. Then we adjourn to treat ourselves to an ice cream cone at Braum’s Ice Cream store. We would love to have you and your ideas join us at any meeting. Then fellowship with us at Braum’s. You can also send us a message anytime if you are interested in joining our group, we LOVE new people!