10 Ideas You Can Do For Lent
Somehow Lent sneaks up on many of us each year and we need some sort of idea last minute to try this year. Whether you are prepared or not, here is a list of 10 unique ideas you can try for Lent..
- Electronic Fast: Give up TV, Facebook, texting, tweeting, e-mail, and all thing electronic for one day every week.
- Start a prayer rhythm: Each day at the same time, pray for another person
- Cultivate a life of Gratitude: Write thank you notes to 40 people
- Give up soft drinks, fast food, tea or coffee. Give the money you save to help people in a different part of the world who are in crisis.
- Create a daily quiet time. Spend 10 minutes a day in silence and prayer.
- Participate in a lent photo-a-day practice and pray each day with your phone. Open your eyes to the beauty around you.
- Volunteer one or more hours a week with a local food bank, shelter, tutoring program, nursing home, or prison ministry.
- Pray for others. People you see as you walk or pray a common prayer everyday.
- Create Space In Your House: Get rid of 1 item per day in your house. Day 1, get rid of one item. Day 2, two items. Day 3, three items and so on until your reach 40 days.
- A More Musical Lent: Purchase 1 classic album a week and spend time listening to it all the way through. By easter you will have seven new classic albums
Want to know more about Lent? Read this...